Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Order Of Madness Forum Index -> Guild Lore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armithist
Guildmaster

re: Prelore

I will be posting this as I write it so please do not edit it, add to it, or change it till I say its finished.

Hello, my name is Armithist Revist. It is no accident that I am the teller of this tale for I was the first person that Hellester recruited into The Order of Madness. Even though I knew Hellester before the creation of The Order of Madness I can tell you very little about him before the first time I met him. So it would seem that's where the story should begin but I guess I should tell you a little about myself and the events that led to me meeting Hellester.

I was an average mage at best although skilled with combat magic most of the higher forms of magic were above my knowledge and abilities. Unlike most mages I had no love for books or libraries. In fact, the only time you would see me in a library with a book was when I was doing research for my next quest. I hadn't always done this but after almost meeting my end on a couple occasions due to lack of information I found that it would be quite foolish to continue jumping in to tombs and ancient runes without doing my research. But this also led to a problem. For every place that I researched I would find the names of 2-3 more places that peaked my interest so as you can imagine the list of places that I was interested in got to be quite long. I quickly began to realize that I would never be able to investigate all the places I was interested in. It would take several lifetimes that I did not have. I began looking for ways to extend my own life and found a few but I lacked the magical ability to do any of them. So this only left one choice although I found the thought of it appalling at first. The only way I could extend my life was to become a vampire. I'm not exactly sure how but I convinced myself that if I became a vampire I could control it. As you can imagine that didn't work out so well. But I'm getting ahead of myself. It was surprisingly difficult to even find a vampire let alone one that would even turn me. All my years of adventuring I seem to constantly be running into these creatures but now that I was trying to find one they seem to all disappear so back to the library I went to research possible locations that I might find vampires. It was during this research that I stumbled onto an account about Hellester's catacombs. I found it to be quite intriguing. Although it was rather short on details and nowhere in it did it mention where these catacombs could be found. 

Tailger
Officer

re: Prelore

Thank you got posting this!  It will help me write some more since I have a better reference for the character.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Order Of Madness Forum Index -> Guild Lore All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: